County residents and city residents who do not have access to curbside recycling service have recycling and waste disposal options available to them.
Where to Recycle?
County residents and city residents who do not have access to curbside recycling can bring their clean and dry recyclables to:
- The Recycling Center - 2855 W. Amador
- Old Foothills Landfill - 555 S. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
- SCSWA County Collection Centers. Click here for locations and operating hours.
- All Las Cruces Public Schools. Click here to view the list of schools.
Where to Take My Trash?
Residents can take their solid waste directly to the SCSWA Transfer Station located at 2865 W. Amador Ave.. Please be advised that a minimum fee of $5.00 per load (plus tax) is applicable.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday
- 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (last allowed inbound load at 4:45 p.m.)
- Saturday – Sunday
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. (last allowed inbound load at 3:45 p.m.)
Fees: Minimum fee of $5.00.
|Fixed Price 1*||$5.00|
|Fixed Price 2
Prorated by actual weight of the waste being disposed of.
|Tires (18" or less)||$1.50 each|
** Tax Not included in above rates. Tax is applicable.**
For more information about the SCSWA Transfer Station call 575-528-3800.
Need more information on where to take your:
County Resident Trash Disposal Hauler Service
County residents have the option of soliciting solid waste haulers for collection services. Here is a listing of solid waste haulers in the County:
- Southwest Disposal -575-524-8482
- Mesilla Valley Disposal - 575 - 647-9094
- Chaparral Disposal Service – 575-824-0887
- DJ’s Hauling Inc. – 575-202-0352
- Miles Hauling Service – 575-524-8747
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, process or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by South Central Solid Waste Authority or their affiliates. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Disclaimer of Hyperlinks
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the South Central Solid Waste Authority or its affiliates of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. The South Central Solid Waste Authority and its affiliates does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. All links are provided with the intent of meeting the mission of the South Central Solid Waste Authority waste reduction and recycling education. Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.