SCSWA oversees the collection contract for curbside recycling within the Las Cruces city limits. Curbside residential recycling services is provided via a collection hauler, Friedman Recycling. Residents within city limits are able to utilize a 96-gallon collection cart for bi-weekly recycling service. See list below of acceptable recyclable materials.
The contracted hauler collects the recyclables from homes and transports the recyclables to the SCSWA Trash Transfer Station. The recyclables are then prepared and transported to the materials recovery facility, Friedman Recycling Plant, in northeast El Paso for final processing.
Need to request a recycling cart? Call 575-323-5086.
Questions about your service day?
WHAT TO RECYCLEMost Preferred:
- Corrugated cardobard
- Plastic Bottles #1
- Plastic Bottles #2
- Copier/Printer Paper
- Aluminum, Steel & Tin Can
- Junk mail and mixed paper
- Includes but is not limited to: newspapers, magazines, colored paper, coated paper, phone books, etc.
- Soft cover and hard cover books
- Plastics #3-#7 and rigid plastics
- Chip/paperboard (i.e. shoe boxes, tissue and cereal boxes, empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls, pasta and food boxes, milk and juice cartons)
- Shredded paper – MUST be bagged in clear bags. Material bagged in shopping bags, white or any other colored bag be discarded