YELLOW IS THE NEW BLUE!Yellow is the new blue! Glass recycling is a great opportunity for residents to recycle even more! Yellow glass recycling trailers are placed at two drop-off locations within the city:
- The Recycle Center - 2855 W. Amador
- Foothills Recycling Yard (south of the City of Las Cruces' Cleanfill) - 555 S. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
RECYCLING GLASS IS EASY AS 1, 2, 3!
- Collect your glass bottles and jars. Glass should be cleaned and dried with lids removed.
- Take your glass items to either of the two drop-off locations.
- Sort and recycle your glass items by color. The trailers have color-coded compartments.
WHAT KIND OF GLASS CAN BE RECYCLED?
- Amber/brown glass bottles & jar.
- Blue glass bottles & jars.
- Clear/transparent bottles & jars.
- Green glass bottles & jars.
WHAT GLASS CAN'T BE RECYCLED
- Drinking cups & plates
- Window glass/panes
- Light bulbs
- Test tubes
A WORD ABOUT BROKEN GLASS
Although glass is crushed during the recycling process, broken glass should never be placed recycling containers. Broken glass poses a safety hazard for hauler, worker at the recycling facility, and to you. Broken glass is also difficult to sort due to the small and varying sizes of each piece. Please do not try to recycle broken glass.