[column col=”1″] Yellow is the new blue! Glass recycling is a great opportunity for residents to recycle even more! Yellow glass recycling trailers are placed at two drop-off locations within the city:
The Recycle Center – 2855 W. Amador
Recycling Yard south of the City of Las Cruces’ Cleanfill – 555 S. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
Residents are encouraged to bring their clean and dry, glass bottles and jars for recycling. SCSWA process the collected glass and makes the recycled glass product available for residents to use for free.[/column]
Recycling Glass is Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Collect your glass bottles and jars. Glass should be cleaned and dried with lids removed.
- Take your glass items to either of the two drop-off locations.
- Sort and recycle your glass items by color. The trailers have color-coded compartments.
What Kind of Glass Can Be Recycled?
- Amber/brown glass bottles and jars.
- Blue glass bottles and jars.
- Clear/transparent bottles and jars.
- Green glass bottles and jar.
**Please remember to remove lids** [/column]
Glass That CANNOT Be Recycled:
- Drinking cups and plates
- Window glass/panes
- Light bulbs
- Test tubes
Do NOT place glass in blue recycling containers.[/column]
[message_box title=”A Word About Broken Glass” color=”blue”] Although glass is crushed during the recycling process, broken glass should never be placed recycling containers. Broken glass poses a safety hazard for hauler, worker at the recycling facility, and to you. Broken glass is also difficult to sort due to the small and varying sizes of each piece. Please do not try to recycle broken glass.[/message_box]
SCSWA Glass Recycling Program – How We Handle Your Glass