CURBSIDE TRASH SERVICE
Since October 2012, SCSWA has provided solid waste curbside service to residents who reside within the city limits of Sunland Park, NM. Residents are provided with trash carts and are serviced at least once a week.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR CURBSIDE CART SERVICE
- Residents should ensure that their carts are placed out for servicing by 6:00 a.m. on their scheduled pick-up days.
- Place carts at the curb or within 3 feet of the driving surface, road or lane with the opening facing the street or alley.
- Ensure that your carts are at least 5 feet away from low hanging objects, trees, mailboxes, basketball hoops or other containers.
- All residential garbage MUST be bagged and tied before placing in container which includes household waste, wet or moist waste like food, food containers, green fresh yard waste, pet waste, or disposable diapers.
- Avoid "overflow", placing more in your solid waste container than what actually fits inside of it.. OVERFILLED CONTAINERS WILL NOT BE SERVICED. Max 300 lbs
- For a second container, contact the customer service and one will be delivered for an additional charge of $7.97 per month.
- Lids should be properly closed to prevent spillage and littering.
- Bungee cords strapped to containers are NOT allowed.
WHAT NOT TO PUT INTO YOUR CARTLarge appliances and boxes; furniture or auto parts.
- Concrete, rocks, dirt, sod, or livestock waste.
- Construction, remodeling, or demolition material.
- Hot ashes, oil, gas, paint, or any form of hazardous waste.
- Tree trimmings that exceed two (2) feet.
WHAT IF I HAVE TOO MUCH GARBAGE FOR MY CART?
- Use the NEW Grappler Service once a month
- You can take excess trash to Camino Real Landfill at 1000 Camino Real, where a fee, depending on the total weight will be assessed.
- You can arrange for a second container for an additional charge of $8.00 per month.
- Remember that only waste placed in the container will be picked up.
WHO'S RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CART?
- The resident is responsible for any loss, theft, fire damage, or other damage caused by negligence or abuse of the container.
- Containers damaged by customer will be assessed the cost of $51.00 to replace the container.
- We will replace or repair container broken through normal use.
- Each homeowner should record the serial number from the container assigned to his home.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to keep their container clean by washing it as often as necessary.
- Each homeowner is required to bag and tie all waste to help keep container(s) clean and odor free.
NEW GRAPPLER SERVICEEffective as of February 1, 2018. The SCSWA grappler truck picks up large trash items that are unable to fit into your trash bin/cart and arrives once a month on your regular trash day.
CURRENT SOLID WASTE SERVICE RATESEffective as of February 1, 2018
- Solid Waste Residential Cart Service for 1 - 95 gallon bin........$18.40 per month
- Additional Charge for an additional/extra bin..........................$8.00 per month.
- Note: Taxes and additional fees may be applicable.
SCSWA HOLIDAY SCHEDULEOnly three holidays will affect collection service:
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Day
- Questions or concerns about your solid waste service? Call 575-528-3800
- Questions or concers about your solid wast bill? Call Camino Real Regional Utility Authority (CRRUA) at 575-589-1075.
Questions or concerns about your solid waste service? Call 575-528-3800
Questions or concers about your solid wast bill? Call Camino Real Regional Utility Authority (CRRUA) at 575-589-1075.